There was a lot to learn from the last two weeks of training camp of the New England Patriots. With another 2 weeks of training camp and a month before the regular season starts, all eyes will be on the players in camp. The top players who stood out were –
1. Sealver Siliga- He’s been one of the breakout stars of the camp. Siliga uses his strength and tenacity to dominate individual duels. Sealver Siliga is making an impression as a force over the center and is creating havoc along the interior during one-on-one drills.
2. Jake Bequette- The 6’5″, 265-pounder has wowed more than one onlooker with strong rush skills in individual drills. If he continues to put in good performances he has a good chance to make it to the final roster.
3. James White- Buzz continues to build around rookie running back. The fourth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft had already impressed his new coaches and had them practically giddy with enthusiasm once the pads came on and is showing off his versatility in camp.
4. Brandon Gibson- The veteran started out slow but has had a strong second week. He has been putting in impressive performances which include some good catches like a nice one-handed catch in week 2 as well as a catch over Malcolm Butler.
5. Darryl Roberts- He leads Patriots defenders in pass breakups. Roberts appears more comfortable this time and he’s displaying some special ball skills.
6. Chandler Jones- He bulked up nicely in the offseason, which has helped him facing the Pats offensive line. He has consistently won one-on-one battles, and he’s regularly in the backfield during team drills.
7. Tom Brady- The man that everyone seems to talk about has put on some impressive performances but has a long way to go to be at his best. Brady has completed 190 of 245 passes in team drills this summer with just three interceptions. He might miss some action due to his case.